The REST API is a simple API designed to make it very easy for web developers to write telephony applications for Aculab Cloud
using Python, C#, VB, Java, PHP or any other scripting langugage.
- A REST API application is series of web pages that control how Aculab Cloud handles outbound and inbound calls.
- You host your application pages in a 3rd-party web server (e.g. IIS, Apache, Tomcat ...) or your own web server.
- You configure Outbound and Inbound Services in Aculab Cloud to
call the First Page of your application when a call is received or a call is made.
- Aculab Cloud sends an HTTP Request containing JSON information.
- You can use any language to interpret and respond to these requests, or use one of our easy to use language wrappers.
- Your pages send back an HTTP Response containing JSON representing a
series of high-level telephony Actions for Aculab Cloud to perform, such as
playing a file or asking the caller a question, and any further pages to request.
- Advanced features such as Call Recording or Far-end Classification are implemented by Aculab Cloud and you just switch
them on when configuring your Outbound and Inbound Services.
Check out the REST API Quickstart Guide
Opens in new window